Friday, July 21, 2006

A Long Time Ago...

Has anyone else noticed that most great stories (fairy tales included) start in a time different from ours (usually long ago) in a place that is far out of reach? Star Wars did, ALL Fairy Tales do, Lord of the Rings did too. I mean, there are the occasional exceptions like Harry Potter... but even then that is some place that we cannot touch. Why is that? Why do we have to leap through a wardrobe in order to get where the real adventures are?
To be honest, I don't think we have to.

Moving on! Funny story! So I'm at work and I'm going to use the phone to call someone, XD And it Falls Off the wall! I mean like BANG, that thing DIED! So I'm positively horrified and I race across my room to grab a book from a plastic slot, AND THE PLASTIC BREAKS! I have a BROKEN, SHATTERED phone on the ground, now complete with a spider webbed plastic slot! My boss tells me that she needs to see me in her office, and I forgot a spoon to eat my whipped yogurt with! (Believe me, it was very interesting getting that mouse out of the container. I believe that it was not meant to be a finger food) I then hear about this cross dressing shoplifter (Don't ask.) I FINALLY get back to the registers and I have a bunch of belts over my shoulder since I'm sorting them when this hot guy walks up and asks if I could help him. I smile and say sure and I plop the LAST BELT on my shoulder, which WHIPS around with it's GIGANTIC buckle and STABS me in the back, knocking the breath out of my so I collapse in a hyperventilateing coughing fit. At least the hot guy laughed and helped me stand. I think I just succeeded in breaking 'the stupidest way to injure yourself in front of a cute guy' record.

On a side note it is an A class misdemeanor to wave a torch in the air in Wisconsin.

Once Upon a Twisted Tale

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger carlosantiago said...

I enjoy your blog so much..

All documents look me so interesting and originals.

It will be nice if you look mine at: www.elcontrapoder.blogspot.com; I believe that you can share some ideas that I ve been written by those months

 

Post a Comment

<< Home