Thursday, July 20, 2006

Once Upon a Dream

If I ever manage to meet Prince Charming I am personally going to sock him in the nose. Seriously girls, think about it! That clean little freak is off prancing around in some Grand place while you're stuck in the dust, hoping that he'll save you, without any alternative.
Pft. Screw him.
I just watched Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White. I noticed a common factor, in all three movies the princes suck. Seriously! Okay Prince Charming in Cinderella says about ten words, three of them being the same. (ie: "Wait! Come back!) In Snow White all the prince does is sing! He doesn't even Kill the wicked witch, he lets the dwarves do all the work and then prances up on his rather poorly drawn horse and sings to her! You don't even find out his name! And Sleeping Beauty...well her prince was probably the best off since he has a few lines, he actually kills the bad guy, and he does save the Princess. The Stupid part though was that he never knew here name! He fell in love with her after seeing her ONCE! Not to mention she was supposed to be 16 (I think) when she pricked her finger. HE'S A FREAKING CRADLE ROBBER!
Yes, I have a fairy tale complex, yes I would LOVE to be a princess, but NO, good Lord NO, I don't want some prissy stuffed up prince! Give me a Knight! (More about that another day.)
As a closing note, most princes suck. (Okay, I said most so there might be a few exceptions.) Well I could go on for hours about my life, a Twisted Tale which is what inspired this blog, but hey! This post is already pretty long so I'll cut it off here.


Once Upon a Twisted Tale

4 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger V.C. West said...

Wow, okay I think I have the perfect series of books for you, if you don't mind reading books that are geared to younger teens. It's called the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce. It's a series of books about a girl who wanted to be a knight. So she did everything in her power to get her shield, but the only drawback is that she's not a princess. Take a look into it and tell me what you think.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger K.M. Shea said...

I LOVE THE LIONESS QUWARTET! Actually I also love the WildMage Books by Tamora too! ^_^ The badger fills me with warm fuzzies... sorta.
Wow, another Lioness fan! YAY!

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheyo...I also love the books by Tamora. More toward the WildMage and the Circle of Magic books. Haven't gotten around to the Lioness ones though...sadly. Okay, just wanted to say I totally agree on the prince charming thing. I used to always want a prince charming but now...who needs him? Though I have found my knight ;). And yes, he has amazingly beautiful blue eyes(better than mines, I'm so jealous) Lol..anyhoo...i'm out for now...see yas!

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t for fairy tale complexes! I have one too. And I swear, there isn't any teenage girl who HASN'T read at least one of Tamora Pierce's books/series. Her heroines ROCK! And, while I do agree that most princes are totally useless, I really wouldn't object to having one ride up on his steed and seranade me... I'm such a sap for Disney music. ^_^;;

 

Post a Comment

<< Home